Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Windows 10 coming in 2015
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:31 pm 

PSN Gamer Tag: walcalr01
Twitter Username: walcalr01
Steam Tag: walcalr01
Microsoft have recently unveiled the new OS at a press event which they say promises to be the most comprehensive platform ever that incorporates the aspects of Windows 7's user friendly interface while maintaining the added functionality that were brought in with Windows 8.

Different devices will have different versions of the OS with the touch operated version making greater use of the UI as a start menu with a large back button on the task bar.

They haven't given any details about deeper functionality in the OS or about its gaming support.

Its set to launch sometime in latter half of 2015.

My gaming youtube check it out: https://www.youtube.com/user/walcalr01/videos

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Windows 10 coming in 2015
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:44 am 

Highscores: 2
Xbox Gamer Tag: JRUK2
PSN Gamer Tag: Gambe1984
Twitter Username: jr100_
Steam Tag: jr_uk
walcalr01 wrote:
Microsoft have recently unveiled the new OS at a press event which they say promises to be the most comprehensive platform ever that incorporates the aspects of Windows 7's user friendly interface while maintaining the added functionality that were brought in with Windows 8.

Different devices will have different versions of the OS with the touch operated version making greater use of the UI as a start menu with a large back button on the task bar.

They haven't given any details about deeper functionality in the OS or about its gaming support.

Its set to launch sometime in latter half of 2015.

As long as us few windows 8 owners get some sort of compensation deal towards 10 e.g. a discount of free upgrade, ill have a look at it

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Windows 10 coming in 2015
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:41 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Rabin2005
PSN Gamer Tag: RD_Rabin
I have been running the Windows 10 Tech Preview for a week now. It's better than 8, but still looks a bit 'square' for me.

I haven't run it for games yet, so can't comment on that. Otherwise, it seems okay. You can turn off the stupid tiles at the side of the start menu if you don't want them (which I was very happy about) and the power button has appeared next to your user name at the top of the start menu.

It still wants you to use 'Apps' for everything so I still prefer Windows 7. Apps take too long to start up when all you wanted was a Control Panel to change a sound setting. I'm not good at being patient. :mrgreen:

I'll have to install it on my gaming rig at some point to see what I think of it. Need to figure out which partition I can free up for it first.

If anyone else wants to try it, just log in with your Live account and sign up for the Preview:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/preview

Offline Profile E-mail