Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 98  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Last Film You Watched
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:25 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Benjo321
PSN Gamer Tag: Benjo321
Twitter Username: Benjo321
Sad about Orange Wednesdays, I tend to only go when it's cheaper. The way things are going at my cinema they tend to flood the schedules with the big releases and not even bother with any more interesting films, so I'll likely not go as often.

Will be interesting to see how cinemas do without Orange Wednesday, can imagine they'll lose a lot of revenue on vastly overpriced snacks.

I guess we'll see a lot more smaller studios release via on demand at the same time as the cinema. I did that for Duke of Burgundy recently, £6 to watch it in my pants at home rather than having to go out of my way to get to an independent cinema!

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:09 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Ugly Geezer
PSN Gamer Tag: UglyGeezer
Twitter Username: UglyGeezer
Steam Tag: UglyGeezer
Benjo321 wrote:
Duke of Burgundy recently, £6 to watch it in my pants

It needs to be watched in pants.

What did you think of it?

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:29 pm 

Last night I saw:

Suddenly Last Summer

How on earth I've missed this all my life and why it's not spoken about more is beyond me.

Where to start....

Adapted from a Tennessee Williams play with the screen-play by both Gore Vidal and Williams (after the film, Williams denied he had any part in it(. It's worth pointing out here bot these guys were a bit resentful about their sexuality, given how gay people were treated back then, it's no surprise.

Starring Elizabeth Taylor at the height of her fame. She's stunning in this film and she can act. Oh man she can act, I often forget this and only remember the celebrity she became in later years.
Let's not forget Liz is one of the biggest gay icons in history. (Pertinent to this film, but this is not a 'gay' film).

Katherine Hepburn, the only time she ever agreed to take second billing in a film. Ms hepburn was famous for playing tomboys, macho roles and many rumours of being a bisexual (which she used to play on.

Montgomery Clift. Bisexual, hellraiser, drug addict and at a low point right now......

So low in fact he was a wreck during the shoot, we was carrying flasks of drink and drugs on to set. Before filming, there was a dinner party at at the directors house and he got messy, was throwing food at the guests and had a huge fallout with the director.

On set, he was losing the plot, the shakes, off his face a lot of the time and the director not talking to him. Katherine Hepburn took him under her wing and helped him through th eshoot. That meant that Ms Hepburn was hated by the director as well.

When the "It's a wrap" call came at the end of the shoot, Ms Hepburn walked up to the director, asked if he was 100% sure it was all done, no more takes to be done. When he said yes, she spat in his face. Some say she went and did the same to the producer.

Liz Taylor had just lost a husband, she was incredibly depressed during the shoot (and she gives and incredible performance on the back of that). After the final emotional monologue, it's said she could not stop crying for days.

That's just the making of, it needs to be a film itself.

The film?

A messed up anti-gay piece of propaganda. The only film ever allowed to show homosexual lifestyles, because it 'showed the horror of the lifestyle'.
It's a corker! It's messed up, it's funny, it's OTT.

Where has this one been hiding!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:46 pm 

PSN Gamer Tag: HopelessgamerUK
Twitter Username: MrGhopeless
Steam Tag: Hopeless Gamer
Speaking as a cinema worker, good riddance to Orange Wednesdays..

For the customers it was a great deal, for us.. not so much.

But there is something coming to replace it, that from the looks is better for everyone...

can't say much more though..

http://www.hopelessgamer.co.uk
Non-Gaming YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/HopelessChatter
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/hopeless_chatter/
Deviant Art:
http://hopelesschatter.deviantart.com/

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:01 pm 

UglyGeezer wrote:
Benjo321 wrote:
Duke of Burgundy recently, £6 to watch it in my pants
It needs to be watched in pants.

What did you think of it?
It was quite good but I was ever so slightly disappointed by it. Before looking into it I hadn't realised that it was a Peter Strickland film; and being a big fan of Borgen, seeing Sidse Babett Knudsen in it probably raised my expectations a bit too high.

Very much appreciate the work of the director, DP and sound design in handling an 'erotic' film with such a degree of care, subtlety and class. Can imagine it's quite a contrast to that 50 Shades guff!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject: The Last Film You Watched
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:55 pm 

PSN Gamer Tag: KJDellow
Twitter Username: eneaux
The last film I watched was called The Guest. It's about some ex-army guy who goes to his deceased soldier-buddy's home to wish his condolences/the soldier's livings to his family. The tone changes drastically though when he messes with the bullies picking on the younger sibling and do some other shit.

It's got a bit of the Bourne films about it. Good action sequences but the story takes a while to actually step in.

mannymann wrote:
Just give me a good time

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:14 pm 

I watched Suite Française

I watched purely because of who was in it: Kristin Scott Thomas is possible one of the greatest actress's of all time and Matthias Schoenaerts (Bullhead, The Drop) is rather good as well.

Decent little film, not really my thing but I enjoyed it.

Story of a Nazi Officer and local girl in occupied France sort of falling for each other. It does a good job of showing that not everything is black and white.

The story itself was written by a young Jewish girl in occupied France, she was killed in Auschwitz. She wrote this novel before she was taken away, but it lay unopened until 2000.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:39 am 

PSN Gamer Tag: HopelessgamerUK
Twitter Username: MrGhopeless
Steam Tag: Hopeless Gamer
Chappie
Hard to describe... but basically..
The story of a police Robot who gains a learning AI, and falls in with a gang of "gangsta's"
Set in Johannesburg, and from Neill Blomkamp (District 9, Elysium and the next Alien movie

I really liked it, it does seem like a 2 hour Die Antwoord video though..

Despite how the trailer comes across, there isnt a lot of action in the film..

Think Short Circuit meets Robocop

http://www.hopelessgamer.co.uk
Non-Gaming YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/HopelessChatter
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/hopeless_chatter/
Deviant Art:
http://hopelesschatter.deviantart.com/

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:36 pm 

Saw Wild Tales tonight, an Argentinian film all about revenge (was up for an Oscar apparently).

It's a collection of 6 short stories about how individuals deal with their own little predicaments in quite extreme ways. It's not as serious as it sounds though, it's quite funny so if you're a fan of darkly twisted comedies then you'll probably enjoy it.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:39 pm 

Benjo321 wrote:
Saw Wild Tales tonight, an Argentinian film all about revenge (was up for an Oscar apparently).

It's a collection of 6 short stories about how individuals deal with their own little predicaments in quite extreme ways. It's not as serious as it sounds though, it's quite funny so if you're a fan of darkly twisted comedies then you'll probably enjoy it.

I saw the same on Saturday as well, it was a belter. Black comedy at its best.

I'm told they were all new or first time directors, which is quite something. Worth seeing for the wedding film alone, but there were no weak links, all very funny dark films.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 98  Next