Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Handheld Special Episode
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:19 pm 

Highscores: 3
Xbox Gamer Tag: Frugal Daz
PSN Gamer Tag: BigSin1977
Twitter Username: FrugalDaz
Steam Tag: Frugal Daz
Game Center Tag: Frugal Daz
I thought it would be a good idea to mix things up every now and then with the show, so we have decided to make episode 8 a handheld gaming special

Let us know if you would like to see any features on the episode or anything particular you'd like us to talk about.

Feel free to add as much of your handheld history below, letting us know your top games from across the years.

Also, how do you play? Just on the shitter? Whilst commuting? On holiday?

As much feedback as possible you lazy shitbags :lol:

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Handheld Special Episode
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:13 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Chellemo
PSN Gamer Tag: Chellemo
Twitter Username: Princess_Chelda
Steam Tag: Chellemo
With the promise of Zelda: A link between worlds coming sometime within the next decade it would be cool to hear a bit on the Zelda handhelds of the past and if you are looking forward to the new game. My favorite to date was Minish Cap because of it's similarities to the look and play of Link to the Past.

As far as how I play, I use the handhelds mostly for quick games while waiting for time to pass, like when visiting boring relatives, waiting for the fireworks to start on the 4th and waiting for the tv to be free. I love the fact that I can pack them around anywhere I go and have a quick game. I went a little mad with Animal Crossing Wild World having to take my DS to work and water my flowers on my lunch break. haha!

Speakiing of Animal Crossing, if you could give Geezer the mic for a bit on his impressions on New Leaf that would be awesome too. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:48 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Thriving91
PSN Gamer Tag: Thriving91
Twitter Username: Gamerorld
My first handheld was the Gameboy with Pokemon Red on it... What an absolute cracker of a game that was. Spent half my childhood on that and the follow up ones. Remember smashing through Kirby and Tetris a lot as a kid as well.

I remember one particular occasion where I spent nearly two hours on the toilet because I was so engrossed in a game on Tetris... Then I got the Gameboy Colour - a blue one. Gameboy Advanced and then a DS.

Got myself a PS Vita now and can't believe how far handheld gaming has come in little under 20 years. It's insane to think what my kids will have in 20 years time.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:10 am 

PSN Gamer Tag: walcalr01
Twitter Username: walcalr01
Steam Tag: walcalr01
My first hand held console game boy as a hand me down which I mostly played Tetris and Super Mario World. Then I got the game boy color, advance, advance sp, DS, PSP, DSi XL and my final hand held which is the 3DS.

Probably out of all of them I had most fun on the PSP when I had Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. Just couldn't stop playing it, was such fun little game that made it feel like I had a PS2 right in my hands. The Tekken 5 port on it was quite good too though I wish they had the whole game which included Tekken 2 & 3 :cry:

I mostly took my handhelds with me on holiday or play them when I'm at home, I never take them with me when I go out as I rarely get time to play them or I'm scared they are just going to get nicked.

With the 3DS handheld console it became a bit tiresome for me and I just went back to big consoles. Sort of feel like I wasted my money on it a bit (though I don't regret buying the Ocarina of Time one bit as that was as awesome as when it first came out).

My gaming youtube check it out: https://www.youtube.com/user/walcalr01/videos

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:48 pm 

PSN Gamer Tag: Onyersix
Twitter Username: Onyersix
My first mobile system was the classic Game Boy. Bought it in 1990 with my own money, to the tune of £89. Was massively pissed off as my brother had been given one for Christmas and I hadn't.

Spent many hours playing Tetris (who didn't), but the most fun was had playing F1 Race with the 4-player link lead. That was the joyous event of many a school coach trip. Of course the screen was a bitch in sunlight. Some "lucky" friends were bought Game Gears, but we soon realised that a green dot matrix screen was better than a colour screen that ate batteries faster than Pacman munching pills.

Love my Vita now, and often use it if I feel like going to bed early, or on a lunch break at work.

What I would like to know is if you ever had the joy of playing on one of the non mainstream portables? Examples are Atari Lynx or PC-engine or Neo Geo Pocket.

Justin

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:44 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: M1loMyage
PSN Gamer Tag: Milo_Myage
Twitter Username: Milo_Myage
I very briefly had a Neo Geo Pocket Colour. I liked it so much that I couldn't tell you a single game I had for it, though it was a very fetching camo blue :)

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:02 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: MakingUpNumbers
PSN Gamer Tag: MakingUpNumbers
Twitter Username: MakingUpNumbers
Steam Tag: MakingUpNumbers
Game Center Tag: MakingUpNumbers
Borrowed a friends Atari Lynx for a weekend once, nifty little machine but it ATE batteries.

Apart from that..

Original Gameboy (with Tetris - best bundled game ever), GB Advance, GB Advance SP (excellent little machine, perfectly pocket sized), DS, DS Lite, PSP and a Vita. Oh, and an iPhone and a iPad.

Topics for discussion, linking handhelds to "big" console, either as controllers or in-game links.

Anyone remember that thing with Tingle on the Gamecube?

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:55 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: The Disco Bison
Twitter Username: cakeboy79
Steam Tag: themanytentacles
Game Center Tag: themanytentacles
Used to love my Atari Lynx, but only at home with an AC adaptor or with rechargeables. APB was one of my favourite games

My brother had the Gameboy which I think was better in the long run. It's still around at my Mum's house somewhere and still working. It's well over 20 years old now.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:00 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Harvey 73
PSN Gamer Tag: Harvey73
Twitter Username: Harvey73
I've always wondered why Sony dont blow away Nintendo in the handheld stakes.

Everyone laughed at the original ds compared to the PSP.

The vita is much better specified than the 3ds but again it doesn't sell as well.

I'm guessing its the games. Nintendo first party games are better system sellers than Sony.

Also Sony are carrying out daylight robbery with their memory card prices. The 3ds uses standard SD cards.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:23 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Chellemo
PSN Gamer Tag: Chellemo
Twitter Username: Princess_Chelda
Steam Tag: Chellemo
MakingUpTheNumbers wrote:
Anyone remember that thing with Tingle on the Gamecube?

Oh yes, the Tingle Tuner. Aidy and I were talking about that the other day. What a weird little dude Tingle was. LOL