Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Order 1886
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:37 pm 

Highscores: 3
Xbox Gamer Tag: Frugal Daz
PSN Gamer Tag: BigSin1977
Twitter Username: FrugalDaz
Steam Tag: Frugal Daz
Game Center Tag: Frugal Daz
Anyone picked this up or interested in getting it?

Seems to be getting panned in many reviews

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

Post subject: Re: The Order 1886
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:52 pm 

Highscores: 5
Xbox Gamer Tag: mannymann44
PSN Gamer Tag: mannny44
Twitter Username: mannymann
I needed another title from Boomerang so chucked it on on Wednesday. Got sent yesterday and should have it today. I have absolutely no idea what this game is about though

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:22 pm 

mannymann wrote:
I needed another title from Boomerang so chucked it on on Wednesday. Got sent yesterday and should have it today. I have absolutely no idea what this game is about though

Its about a chinese takeaway and they mess up an order number 1886....chop sticks everywhere!!

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:29 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Ugly Geezer
PSN Gamer Tag: UglyGeezer
Twitter Username: UglyGeezer
Steam Tag: UglyGeezer
WRETRO wrote:
mannymann wrote:

Its about a chinese takeaway and they mess up an order number 1886....chop sticks everywhere!!

Apparently, that would be more interesting....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:28 pm 

PSN Gamer Tag: HopelessgamerUK
Twitter Username: MrGhopeless
Steam Tag: Hopeless Gamer
cover run and gun type game, looked interesting

I think the main complaints are game length, unskippable cutscenes, and a quick time event final boss battle, that looks copied from earlier in the game. a story about supernatural forces but you end up fighting human enemies...
and generally being not as good as it was hyped up to be.

there were videos that uploaded of a let's player finishing it in around 5 1/2 hours last week.. but the channels been taken down.

http://www.hopelessgamer.co.uk
Non-Gaming YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/HopelessChatter
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/hopeless_chatter/
Deviant Art:
http://hopelesschatter.deviantart.com/

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:01 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Wobler
PSN Gamer Tag: Wobler
Twitter Username: Wobler_
mannymann wrote:

Lucky for some!! I had mine back for Wednesday and got nothing sent! It was sitting in my list for ages and I had it No.1 choice, plus I'm on priority 3 ffs!
This is the second game I've wanted most on release day and they've let me down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:33 pm 

Highscores: 3
Xbox Gamer Tag: Frugal Daz
PSN Gamer Tag: BigSin1977
Twitter Username: FrugalDaz
Steam Tag: Frugal Daz
Game Center Tag: Frugal Daz
Wobler wrote:
mannymann wrote:

Lucky for some!! I had mine back for Wednesday and got nothing sent! It was sitting in my list for ages and I had it No.1 choice, plus I'm on priority 3 ffs!
This is the second game I've wanted most on release day and they've let me down.

Boomerang are really going down hill. I am on the priority package and i never get my first choices. I think I will be cancelling with them soon, at least till they get their act together

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:07 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Wobler
PSN Gamer Tag: Wobler
Twitter Username: Wobler_
Daz wrote:
Wobler wrote:
mannymann wrote:

Boomerang are really going down hill. I am on the priority package and i never get my first choices. I think I will be cancelling with them soon, at least till they get their act together

They told me last time I complained about not getting the game I most wanted, that it doesn't matter whether you're on priority 1 or priority 4, as long as you're *priority* you get treated the same which I think is absolute shit!
I complained at the time on their Facebook that how come when I've sent a disc back on time and I'm on priority 4 (which I was at the time) others who are on priority 1 got the new release (I seen the Facebook comments) and I didn't, and that was their response.
If I'm paying £29.99 a month then I'd like to be put a head of someone who pays £11. I'm really pissed off tonight!
In future I'll make sure I send it back 1 week before new release date and I'll have some game that has "long wait" for my top choice up until it's released, and if I'm still let down then all fucking hell will break loose!!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:53 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: ContraryRhombus
PSN Gamer Tag: ContraryRhombus
Twitter Username: ContraryRhombus
I have a copy coming my way today from Boomerang, sadly didn't make it for yesterday. I'm on priority 1 and I had to make sure I didn't have a rental out already, and that my list was clear! It was an extreme way to guarantee a launch day rental, but it seems to work.

I did notice that as soon as the game went live on their site, it was straight on L, so I'm assuming they send something else out to customers that have other titles in their list to keep turn around times low. It seems like a catch 22 for them really. People will complain if they don't get their number 1 game, but will also complain if they have to wait longer for another game.

I personally have had a great experience with them this time because not only did I fire a seemingly open question their way on twitter to which they gave a detailed answer, but they also tweeted me the day it was going to get dispatched without me having to ask! I felt like a valued customer and that they cared.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:45 am 

PSN Gamer Tag: KJDellow
Twitter Username: eneaux
I'm not super arsed about this so I'm just gonna wait for it to go on the cheap. I doubt it'll take *that* long.

mannymann wrote:
Just give me a good time

Offline Profile