Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A little bit of help with BF4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:52 am 

Highscores: 5
Xbox Gamer Tag: mannymann44
PSN Gamer Tag: mannny44
Twitter Username: mannymann
Right guys,

As some of you will know I used to play a fair bit of BF4. I was always a bit shit at it but could manage a few kills at least per round. The last couple of times I have played it I have pretty much rage quit because I can't kill anyone.

I pretty much need help with a new loadout. Guns change over time with unlocks and patches but in general I don't know where to go with it anymore.

I am hoping if you guys can give me a bit of help with this I will be able to get back into it

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A little bit of help with BF4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:56 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: bwortang
PSN Gamer Tag: bwortang
Twitter Username: bwortang
Steam Tag: bwortang
I'll do a bit of searching an come back to you Manny, best advice I can give without setups is come play with us :-D Good comms will give you an edge if we move around as a small squad, but guns!, I'll be back. --@

III'mmm baaackkkk, I think the best thing I can do is list some of my setups and see if they make any difference, basically its how the gun feels to you really, find the gun that suits your style of play, I can't snipe for shit so won't be offering that type of setup...

Also I'll be editing this post as I go, as It's gone 11, baby's crying and I'm out of wine.. :-(

right, you seem to be favouring the Carbine's followed by the LMG.

The MTAR-21 is your third favourite gun, and is actually my best gun of the game, just short of 2k kills with it compared to my second gun with 500.

with this i use either the coyote or kobra target, (see which you prefer) tactical light and supressor to try and keep me off the radar, also use the combat medic field upgrade just so I can spam the medic bags. The MTAR also has a RPM of 900 which I believe is highest in the class, which means coming against another carbine as long as you hit first and are on target you should put more bullets into them then they can into you.

Another option in the Assault class is the Bulldog if you've unlocked it, basically keeping with your preferred sight but not using the supressor on the barrel as it cripples the range. I'd probably add the muzzle break to remove the muzzle climb and shooting into the sky, and just used controlled bursts, so tapping the shooty trigger. the bitch with the Bulldog is the clip is only 30 bullets so if you don't hit them with that or the second it's game over, but again on the plus side the max damage is 33 compared to the MTAR-21's 24, and sits alongside the SCAR-H which I never got along with for highest damage in class.

Last edited by bwortang on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:26 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: tovraa
PSN Gamer Tag: tovraa
Twitter Username: tovraa
Steam Tag: tovraa
I can always turn up and scream down the mic until you improve

Think of me as the Sargent in full metal jacket

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:19 am 

Cheers Bwortang,

The last time i tried to play I just couldn't get going. Medic is where I am usually going with these days. I will have a look at my loadout and try to make some changes.

Tovraa, I thought that was just how you played most games

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:05 pm 

As i have read already the best way is to join us on game night and chat back and forth ideas and help with your choices.

I tend to use snipers like the CS5 with ACOG but needs straight pull bolt for rapid reload and held in scope shots and DMR's these days, the ACOG scoped Scar H SV is awesome at long range but for close quarters i use the large mag LMG's. The TYPE 88 LMG if favourite with 200 rounds and ACW-R for accurate bullet transfer into the nearest victim. --@

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:42 pm 

I've invested 73 hours into this game and should be in a better state than I am.

I will give then changes a go and I will join in the next time we are on

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:58 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: bwortang
PSN Gamer Tag: bwortang
Twitter Username: bwortang
Steam Tag: bwortang
Thing is Manny you leave the game for a few weeks an the rust sets in, even worse if you swap between COD an BF the speed difference affects your game each way. Felt like going through sludge from COD to BF an snorting coke from BF to COD

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:03 pm 

bwortang wrote:
Thing is Manny you leave the game for a few weeks an the rust sets in, even worse if you swap between COD an BF the speed difference affects your game each way. Felt like going through sludge from COD to BF an snorting coke from BF to COD

Agreed, I think part of this is driven by just how much I enjoy playing CoD this time around so the switch back to BF seemed to be for a slower more infuriating game

Offline Profile E-mail