Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: E-bay. Sell With Us and We Stress.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:12 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Ugly Geezer
PSN Gamer Tag: UglyGeezer
Twitter Username: UglyGeezer
Steam Tag: UglyGeezer
I'm fairly new to e-bay...

It's only in the past year that I've really started using it, I've dabbled ever so slightly as a buyer and never as a seller, until the past few months.

Selling a game? seemingly no hassle and I've always got a good going rate price for my sale.

So.. I stuck my Elgato on (R.I.P console streaming, you were a fucking hassle tbh).

Scammers! Here, there, everywhere!

Last night- 16 bids in a space of about 10 minutes.. Then when I did check, a scammer had kicked off a bidding frenzy. He/she had only just set up the account and had one dodgy review.

Being clueless, I had to call e-bay and they helped me get rid and block... Then today, another and similar :()>

What should be a simple way to sell and take the stress out of things is the opposite. Now every bid, I'm having to carefully check and worried I will get scammed.

It's not cheap to sell either.

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

Post subject: Re: E-bay. Sell With Us and We Stress.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:38 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Benjo321
PSN Gamer Tag: Benjo321
Twitter Username: Benjo321
curious to know what you'll get after all the fees, could be easier taking it down CEX!

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:56 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: bwortang
PSN Gamer Tag: bwortang
Twitter Username: bwortang
Steam Tag: bwortang
My issues are still to be resolved. Sold my Elgato in October, put a buy it now on which was a mistake and matey with OK rating bought within an hour. Sent it got positive feedback job done.

1 calendar month later, request from PayPal reversing the transaction saying the buyer did not authorise the payment.

Of course I had thrown the proof of postage by then as he gave the feedback an I thought all was good. PayPal then sided with him as I didn't have proof and I've been in coversation with the buyer, who said it was his bank which reversed the payment thinking it was done in error.

I've called PayPal who have went back to his bank to put a counter claim in as they believe it was a geniuine transaction and I'm still awaiting to hear back.

Check ed in with him end of last week and he hasn't replied back yet....

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:26 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: tovraa
PSN Gamer Tag: tovraa
Twitter Username: tovraa
Steam Tag: tovraa
I stopped using eBay 6 years ago, too many scams the. So Lord knows how bad it has become now

Ordered 6 Items from different buyers and great feedback from them and they had all been fake from China

When I challenged them they just said "okay" and nothing else

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:20 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: The Disco Bison
Twitter Username: cakeboy79
Steam Tag: themanytentacles
Game Center Tag: themanytentacles
I've done a lot of ebaying over the years and have really scaled it back in the last couple of years or so. There's absolutely fuck all protection as a seller these days. If you have a problem buyer, you can't leave them negative feedback, Paypal will freeze your funds at the drop of a hat and won't unfreeze them until the buyer is essentially happy and buyers are often trying to get something for nothing these days.

That said, there are a couple of restrictions you can put on that makes it a bit harder for the scammers. On your selling page, after all the postage bits, there's a section called "Add Other details". Go to change buyer requirements and tick every single box in that making sure you specify the ones about no Paypal account and something about a credit card. That stops most scammers who are just setting up quick accounts to try and rip you off. You can also choose to ship to the UK only and block bidders from outside the UK.

Make sure you ship it by a trackable method though especially if it's worth a few quid. Doesn't have to be Royal Mail, Collect+ are alright, MyHermes are hit and miss (but you can get a signature on delivery) and there's a few others as well.

Offline Profile E-mail