Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:25 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Brapscallion
PSN Gamer Tag: j2theh
Twitter Username: iambrapscallion
Steam Tag: brapscallion
ContraryRhombus wrote:
And the other massive let down was the controller. It felt cheap and nasty. It creaked when pressing the triggers, it felt like the bottom bit was loose and kept clicking. And the thumbsticks were just awful. Not comfortable at all. "An improved 360 controller" it sure isn't.

Mine does with that with bottom bit clicking!

I'm divided on the controller. The analogue sticks are AWESOME, and really hold your thumbs well with no slipping. The triggers are great too. The rumble is hardly there, but it does make a difference.

But the quality on the bottom bit does annoy me sometimes. And the shoulder clickable buttons are HORRIBLE. I don't have small hands, and I still find it a stretch to press them at times. Hopefully they'll look into it, or my hands will get bigger due to evolutionary needs.

With my girlfriend being a gamer, we're lucky enough to have both new consoles. And although the PS4 is great, it just feels like the Xbox is built with the future in mind. It's weird, it's empty in places and it has loads on seemingly unnecessary stuff surrounding it, but if Microsoft can persevere, and move stuff forward, I think it shows the potential to be a different and exciting thing.

Playstation seems a bit Playstation 3.5. And I don't mean in a graphics way at all, or anything, more in approach. Playstation Now and stuff looks awesome though! And maybe instead of crazy innovation they'll just get down to business as the generation goes on.

Main thing is, everyone wins.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Xbox One First Impressions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:53 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Wobler
PSN Gamer Tag: Wobler
Twitter Username: Wobler_
ContraryRhombus wrote:
I'm clearly very late to the game on this, but after playing the One at a mates house, i can safely say i definitely bought the best console.

The UI was very confusing and i wasn't even trying to use it. And considering he had had it about two months, he still couldn't find his way around. There were some many little menus that took you to other menus. It was like a labyrinth but no David Bowie to make it all worth while.

And the other massive let down was the controller. It felt cheap and nasty. It creaked when pressing the triggers, it felt like the bottom bit was loose and kept clicking. And the thumbsticks were just awful. Not comfortable at all. "An improved 360 controller" it sure isn't.

But sadly, Halo 5 will inevitably be out towards the end of the year/next year and i will be suckered into buying one just to be able to experience it. Hopefully they'll have cheap second hand ones by then

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk

You're getting 1 this weekend, right? Lol
We all get suckered in sooner or later lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Xbox One First Impressions
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:25 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: The Disco Bison
Twitter Username: cakeboy79
Steam Tag: themanytentacles
Game Center Tag: themanytentacles
I was the same, all the way through the build up I was adamant I'd leave it for a long time.

Then I saw one in Sainsburys and my head went "OOOOOH Shiny thing" and that was it

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:06 am 

The Disco Bison wrote:
I was the same, all the way through the build up I was adamant I'd leave it for a long time.

Then I saw one in Sainsburys and my head went "OOOOOH Shiny thing" and that was it

Me too. Said I would never get one. I'm just sticking to my ps4 as I never even played my 360 in about 2 years.
Then came on here an seen a price drop... Plus titanfall

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:29 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: ContraryRhombus
PSN Gamer Tag: ContraryRhombus
Twitter Username: ContraryRhombus
Wobler wrote:
ContraryRhombus wrote:
I'm clearly very late to the game on this, but after playing the One at a mates house, i can safely say i definitely bought the best console.

The UI was very confusing and i wasn't even trying to use it. And considering he had had it about two months, he still couldn't find his way around. There were some many little menus that took you to other menus. It was like a labyrinth but no David Bowie to make it all worth while.

But sadly, Halo 5 will inevitably be out towards the end of the year/next year and i will be suckered into buying one just to be able to experience it. Hopefully they'll have cheap second hand ones by then

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk

You're getting 1 this weekend, right? Lol
We all get suckered in sooner or later lol

Yup, after eating my own words for breakfast lol! I didn't think I would this soon, but Titanfall worked its magic on me

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:40 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Rabin2005
PSN Gamer Tag: RD_Rabin
With any luck, I'll hold out until Christmas. I just don't think it's worth getting an XBone for Titanfall.

I don't like Halo (Which has me giving Destiny sidelong glances and wondering if it'll have crappy combat too) and Gears bores me. There really isn't any exclusive that is pushing me towards the shiny MS console enough for me to overcome my hatred for the interface.

I may get Titanfall on 360 if they don't break it, then there'll be nothing I'll need the XBone for at all, as I'm sure (if it's a success) Titanfall:Next will be on PS4...

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:02 am 

Well, mine was delivered, today and I've not long set it up. (Downloading titanfall at time of print, but with my broadband speed it'll be Xmas till I get playing).
Been wondering these past few days, "what the fuck am I doing buying an xbox one for?...". Then after setting it up I finally realised why! Because it'll be soooo much easier flicking from tv till Netflix... Yes, in this house netflix is watched a lot! And with it being ME having to put Netflix on for others, ("I can't do it" "what button do you press?") it'll save a lot of time and effort by shouting, "xbox, go to netflix".... A god send if you ask me....

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7