Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Xbox One First Impressions
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:40 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: bwortang
PSN Gamer Tag: bwortang
Twitter Username: bwortang
Steam Tag: bwortang
Hal 9000 has finally shown up. Make sure you don't mention Sony in it's line of sight.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:13 pm 

Twitter Username: PokehFace
Microsoft has completely changed its mind on the matter - "Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today" - and "An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games"

The only issue I have with the XB1 right now is the mandatory Kinect - it's just an additional cost that I'm not interested in.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:44 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: tovraa
PSN Gamer Tag: tovraa
Twitter Username: tovraa
Steam Tag: tovraa
Pokeh wrote:
Microsoft has completely changed its mind on the matter - "Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today" - and "An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games"

The only issue I have with the XB1 right now is the mandatory Kinect - it's just an additional cost that I'm not interested in.

Great news, now it will be a fair fight, may the best game console win

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:25 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Benjo321
PSN Gamer Tag: Benjo321
Twitter Username: Benjo321
I think it's a shame that they'll both end up being so similar. I know some of the DRM features were a bit too heavy handed, but it looks like the more interesting aspects like sharing and trading digital content with friends and family will be scrapped as well.

I was planning to get an Xbox One eventually anyway, when the price goes down and a good library of games become available. Honestly, I don't think the u-turn on DRM is going to affect my decision whether or when to buy one .

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:23 am 

PSN Gamer Tag: walcalr01
Twitter Username: walcalr01
Steam Tag: walcalr01
Even though I heard about the region free, internet check in and such I'm still going to get the PS4 first before it.

Its closer to what I can afford for now if I save up. I might try and get the xbox one sometime after christmas if I'm lucky to find work by then. Plus with the points I will earn from it I will hopefully get a good discount.

My gaming youtube check it out: https://www.youtube.com/user/walcalr01/videos

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:36 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: dutch1585
PSN Gamer Tag: dutch1585
Twitter Username: dutch1585
Massive U-Turn from Microsoft.
I have grave reservations that they wont just implement this a couple of years down the line. We all the know the restrictions are ready and waiting.
I found the fact they said they listened to customer feedback to change the policies...well they said from the start this is what the consumer wanted...when clearly it wasn't and this is an embarrassing mess.
Who ever was in charge of this project will struggle to justify their position within the company after this massive change of policy.

Currently own and play: PS4, PS3, PS2, PSOne, PSVita, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Mega Drive, Mega CD, Sega Game Gear, Sega Master System, Nintendo 64, Wii, Wii U and Xbox 360

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:17 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: GraniteBeard
PSN Gamer Tag: GraniteBeard
Steam Tag: GraniteBeard100
Best jibe so far is that they will now also be renaming the box to the Xbox One Eighty. :lol:

Personally I want to see the two companies battling each other as much as possible since that way we will get the best deals in the long run.

I think the slow uptake of people buying more digital games (and PSN+ type services) is moving us towards a non resale model anyway without needing to have it rammed down out throats. So this is definitely good news.

Eventually I would really like the option to have a full subscription based digital library service (similar to Netflix say) where I could pick and choose from any new (6+ Month old) and classic titles alike and just download/stream them whenever I wanted to the tv or handheld device.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:26 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Ugly Geezer
PSN Gamer Tag: UglyGeezer
Twitter Username: UglyGeezer
Steam Tag: UglyGeezer
granitebeard wrote:
Best jibe so far is that they will now also be renaming the box to the Xbox One Eighty. :lol:

Personally I want to see the two companies battling each other as much as possible since that way we will get the best deals in the long run.

I think the slow uptake of people buying more digital games (and PSN+ type services) is moving us towards a non resale model anyway without needing to have it rammed down out throats. So this is definitely good news.

Absolutely.

I would think within about 5 years we will be at the gates of a download only service on all platforms.

Damage is done though..... Like Ben said, IF I can ever afford one and games I want to play are there, I will probably get one.
But MS/Xbox name has been deeply tarnished by this.

They are back in the game though and the competition is good for all of us.

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:26 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: GraniteBeard
PSN Gamer Tag: GraniteBeard
Steam Tag: GraniteBeard100
There may still be hope ..... :-P

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/1/4483248 ... zynga-spot

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:19 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: ContraryRhombus
PSN Gamer Tag: ContraryRhombus
Twitter Username: ContraryRhombus
I'm clearly very late to the game on this, but after playing the One at a mates house, i can safely say i definitely bought the best console.

The UI was very confusing and i wasn't even trying to use it. And considering he had had it about two months, he still couldn't find his way around. There were some many little menus that took you to other menus. It was like a labyrinth but no David Bowie to make it all worth while.

And the other massive let down was the controller. It felt cheap and nasty. It creaked when pressing the triggers, it felt like the bottom bit was loose and kept clicking. And the thumbsticks were just awful. Not comfortable at all. "An improved 360 controller" it sure isn't.

But sadly, Halo 5 will inevitably be out towards the end of the year/next year and i will be suckered into buying one just to be able to experience it. Hopefully they'll have cheap second hand ones by then

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next