Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Xperia Device Remote Play
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:29 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: ContraryRhombus
PSN Gamer Tag: ContraryRhombus
Twitter Username: ContraryRhombus
I've been using the Xperia Tablet Z2 for remote play the last week or so for some bedtime gaming. Though not flawless it does prove to be a great thing.

I don't know if it is just my router set up, but it doesn't find it on the local network so I end up going via the Internet. The latency is near minimal and as such makes playing driving games doable. However, every 5 to 10 minutes it will go mental and freeze, taking about 10 seconds to catch back up. Not bad if you manage to press pause as soon as you spot it, but if you don't, you will go flying and crash the shit out of everything. Even more annoying on GTA when you're trying to get a brilliant bike back to your garage. Which happened. Took me 20 minutes to get near the garage, and then glitch, crash, dead.

Anyone else had experiences with Remote Play on Xperia Devices? And anyone got any ideas as to how to improve the connection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Xperia Device Remote Play
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:37 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: dutch1585
PSN Gamer Tag: dutch1585
Twitter Username: dutch1585
I've been using remote play on my Z3 a little bit and I have had no problems at all. Is your PS4 hard wired into your network? As I think that will significantly improve your connection.

Have you been using a PS4 controller? That is a great function and much better to play games with than the Vita.

Currently own and play: PS4, PS3, PS2, PSOne, PSVita, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Mega Drive, Mega CD, Sega Game Gear, Sega Master System, Nintendo 64, Wii, Wii U and Xbox 360

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:44 am 

dutch1585 wrote:
I've been using remote play on my Z3 a little bit and I have had no problems at all. Is your PS4 hard wired into your network? As I think that will significantly improve your connection.

Have you been using a PS4 controller? That is a great function and much better to play games with than the Vita.

Yeah, PS4 is hard wired. Just can't figure out why it won't work :( maybe if I DMZ the PS4 it might stand a chance.

And yeah, having the full DS4 as a controller is amazing. Much better than using the Vita, that was just a pain

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:20 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Benjo321
PSN Gamer Tag: Benjo321
Twitter Username: Benjo321
Wired PS4 in a DMZ and fast / reliable wifi. Haven't tried on an Xperia, but Vita remote play is very sketchy for me, even 1-2 metres from the PS4 and Router!

Had my fibre broadband for ages so my router has ancient Wireless N 150, so that's where my bottleneck is. A newer ac or fast dual band router should improve things. Hearing that the Vita TV thing works much better over a wired connection so must need a lot of bandwidth to run reliably.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:59 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Jack1982
Twitter Username: @jon_wythenshawe
Steam Tag: Elmonk2
Could it be an issue with uPnP?

Had to manually configure the router to prefer my Xbox One over the Xbox 360 in the NAT settings. Annoying if both of them are on at the same time it lags like a bastard... and i have 80meg broadband.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:08 pm 

It does seem to be a wifi related issue then. I have one of the new super hubs from virgin so connected via 5Ghz should be fine. I will try and see if there are forwarding connections that would help with remote play and see if that works. Other than that, I can't see anything helping

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:31 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Benjo321
PSN Gamer Tag: Benjo321
Twitter Username: Benjo321
Done some digging, my PS4 was trying to connect directly to my Vita, which works ok right next to the PS4 but easily breaks up anywhere else. Turned the setting off so it just uses my regular wifi and it's much better now.

On PS4 go to settings, remote play connection settings and experiment with the connect directly option to see if you have better luck. When you connect directly it uses the 2.4Ghz SSID broadcast by the PS4, so your Xperia could work better with it off (using your routers 5Ghz network). Depends where you are in relation to your PS4 / router and how solid the wifi is.

Worth using something like Wifi Analyzer to check network strength throughout the house as well. The direct PS4 one was sat on the same channel (6) as everyone else in the neighbourhood for me. If your router wifi shares with other nearby networks changing the channel to something less congested could really help.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:16 pm 

Having changed my phone to a Z3 recently, I thought I would give remote play another going over to see if anything had changed. The thing that is really bugging me is the fact that, regardless of where I am in the house, the connection seems to lag every 30 seconds or so, making most games impossible to play.

I just was wondering what other people are experiencing with their set ups. I am partially hopeful that it is just my router that is causing the issue, and a new one will give the results I want, but I fear that my house is just incompatible with WiFi and I will never get a strong, uninterrupted signal in my bedroom :(

Offline Profile E-mail