Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: [PS4] Battlefield Hardline - loving it
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:00 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Ugly Geezer
PSN Gamer Tag: UglyGeezer
Twitter Username: UglyGeezer
Steam Tag: UglyGeezer
I'm holding off with my negativity for now, because you guys are all full of woop.

This game is flawed in my humbles, some weird flaws.

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:30 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: MakingUpNumbers
PSN Gamer Tag: MakingUpNumbers
Twitter Username: MakingUpNumbers
Steam Tag: MakingUpNumbers
Game Center Tag: MakingUpNumbers
So I take it all back, this is GREAT!

Faster, shooty-er, more fun.

Multi-player seems to work like a dream, straight into matches, no sign of glitching (yet).

Whilst still being "battlefield"....

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:54 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Rabin2005
PSN Gamer Tag: RD_Rabin
I have 38 hours played, have 'Mastered' Mechanic and I'm still loving it. I spent 200K on a couple of the outfits (Stealth) just to see what they looked like - they're just black/urban camo variants of the originals and not that special. Good to have once you've bought all the important stuff, like grenades, gasmasks, special equipment, guns, attachments, etc. ;-)

I had a friend complain that it didn't feel like Battlefield, more like CoD, then discovered that all he was playing was 64 Player BFH TDM! :lol:

Took him for a few games of Hotwire and then Blood Money and he changed his mind once the Choppers and Heavy Infantry Vehicles showed up.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:33 am 

Highscores: 5
Xbox Gamer Tag: mannymann44
PSN Gamer Tag: mannny44
Twitter Username: mannymann
So here we go.

I was very late to the game with Battlefield in general. I was always a COD type of guy but playing in a group helps with BF so I heavily invested into BF3, BF4 and went back to a bit of BFBC2. I have in recent months loved playing CoD advanced warfare, so much so that I was hating BF4 every time I tried to play it. I was going to give this game a miss as I wasn't a fan of the Alpha (and was falling out with BF in general). I then decided to buy it on a whim as I noticed many seemed to be playing it.

On Monday night I played episode 1 of the campaign and actually quite enjoyed it.

Then last night I played the MP. I am not sure what to make of it. I played some conquest, some Blood money and some TDM. It seems that some things never change with this game. Bullshit snipers, bullshit spawn and die and bullshit incomplete graphics bullshit. In general everything seems too small. I do prefer the pace of the game to previous BF but at the moment that is m only positive. I am hoping that playing with some of the FGUK lads will change my mind.

Anyway enough of my Wednesday morning rant

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:03 am 

The TDM spawn needs a 'tweak' - with a baseball bat. :mrgreen:

Snipers abound because the Scout Elite rifle comes with no 'wobble' and a straight pull bolt - every sniper's dream. CoD has just as many snipers, in my experience, you just notice it less with 12/18 players rather than 64. :lol:

Come play anytime you like. I'll teach you 'HotWire' so you can make some money and buy some gear. --@

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:09 am 

Mmmmm my son was loving it to start now he hates it!

As a good COD player and a quite reasonable BF player i thought this would be that bridge between the two and have that certain something to encompass the 2 different games.

He's annoyed at me for getting him a digital download rather than physical disc as he wants to sell it :-(
He feels he wasted his hard earned money. I will try to convince him to join in with the frugal peeps as it makes all games a lot more enjoyable with friends.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:25 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Ugly Geezer
PSN Gamer Tag: UglyGeezer
Twitter Username: UglyGeezer
Steam Tag: UglyGeezer
It aint great. It's decent, it does the job... A couple of the new modes are good, that's it.

People are whooping because there is a big hole in the multi market, this is a cheap cheeseburger that will make you all realise you're still hungry in a few hours.

BF4 head and shoulders above this (and I imagine CoD:AW is as well).

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:39 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: tovraa
PSN Gamer Tag: tovraa
Twitter Username: tovraa
Steam Tag: tovraa
UglyGeezer wrote:
It aint great. It's decent, it does the job... A couple of the new modes are good, that's it.

People are whooping because there is a big hole in the multi market, this is a cheap cheeseburger that will make you all realise you're still hungry in a few hours.

BF4 head and shoulders above this (and I imagine CoD:AW is as well).

I almost fell off my chair, did you say something positive about COD :-D

Yeah this years cod is amazing it's just a shame I don't get to play more of it

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:12 am 

I still love BF4, I also love COD:Ghosts.

I didn't pick up the new CoD as I'm not that into the whole Exoskeleton idea and the lack of Squads Play is a step backwards from Ghosts, imho. I honestly felt they were trying to change the game for the sake of changing the game and because some idiot thought Titanfall was a success - which it wasn't. (Titanfall was a great idea, but poorly executed and became a one-trick pony rather quickly.)

I'm enjoying the pace of BFH and having new kit to unlock and HOTWIRE :mrgreen:

Come on - driving really fast, drifting around corners, running people over, drive-by shootings, what's not to love? --@ :lol:

Blood Money makes for some great battles, and sneaking into the enemy vault is tense, and funny, when you work together on it.

Conquest Large without TANKS is great fun too. I'm a decent Tank driver in BF4, but even I get sick of the damned things on some of the maps and like a good Infantry battle with Light Vehicles. You get that in BFH without any stupid private server rules being needed.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:26 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: bwortang
PSN Gamer Tag: bwortang
Twitter Username: bwortang
Steam Tag: bwortang
I’m all over the Hardline at the moment, they could have released it as a second season pass in all honesty but I imagine they would have still charged £40 for that. I haven’t played TDM or conquest mode yet so can’t comment on the map sizes, the game speed is quicker and I enjoy the cops and robbers theme. Hotwire is my favourite mode by a long shot, changes all the time, what I would suggest is hitting this mode, stick on your 200% objective boosters on the mechanic and hang you’re a$$ out of a car window for a few rounds. Points mean prizes, and as soon as you can first upgrade your gun and secondly buy the repair tool so you can fix the car on the move.

Blood Money is also a neat round which has a clusterfuck around the main objective but adding the ability to steal/defend from the two stashes gives you the sneaky sneaky buzz. I’ve also heard great things about the rescue mode too.

Also think this will have much joy with comms, we’ve had issues with the snipers on the Blood Money the other night, but chatting together and spotting them we changed from the objective to knocking him down a few pegs, but yea, doesn’t help that they’ve made the sniper easier to use, but if you were ever interested in sniping for dummies this is your game.

In conclusion, yes I like it probably more than I should because it’s shiny, but it is very shiny.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next