Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: The recommend an iPad app / game thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:56 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: MakingUpNumbers
PSN Gamer Tag: MakingUpNumbers
Twitter Username: MakingUpNumbers
Steam Tag: MakingUpNumbers
Game Center Tag: MakingUpNumbers
Daz wrote:
After owning an iPad for a few days now, the only gripe I have is the whole flash issue. There are a few browser apps that play some flash, but they don't work on the sites like Lovefilm where I need them most!

Will add a list of cool apps later when I have finished downloading stuff

You've seen the LoveFilm iPad app I take it? What's on the site that that doesn't do apart from watching films. (surely they must have that in the work?)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The recommend an iPad app / game thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:15 pm 

Highscores: 3
Xbox Gamer Tag: Frugal Daz
PSN Gamer Tag: BigSin1977
Twitter Username: FrugalDaz
Steam Tag: Frugal Daz
Game Center Tag: Frugal Daz
Thats what I use it for, watching films. I have the game / dvd package but never use it, I have had the same games here for months,lol

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:22 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Benjo321
PSN Gamer Tag: Benjo321
Twitter Username: Benjo321
One of the reasons I love my Android tablet, works really well with Flash sites, great for watching things on Lovefilm. To be fair, A lot of apps aren't quite as well developed as those on the iPhone (particularly for tablet support) but it is a very slick and customisable OS.

Anyway, back on topic ... Spy Mouse by Firemint is rather good. Controls can be a little bit fiddly on an iPhone but it'll be smashing on a big iPad screen.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:30 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: SirStuie101
PSN Gamer Tag: SirStuie
Twitter Username: SirStuie
Buy an Apple device and complain about no Flash support :lol:

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:32 pm 

The Honey Badger wrote:
Buy an Apple device and complain about no Flash support :lol:

Someone should have got around the problem 100% by now, I reckon the browser I have works on about 70% of sites! --@

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:53 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: SirStuie101
PSN Gamer Tag: SirStuie
Twitter Username: SirStuie
Its not a problem, Apple doesn't and has never wanted or supported Flash natively.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:41 pm 

Of course it's a problem, it's not apple that determines that fact, it's the people that but their products

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:45 pm 

Right, a few days and a hundred quid + spend checking out the iPad apps, I have compiled a list of my faves ( in no particular order)

AV Player HD - This is probably the best app I have as it enables you to add various video types without having to convert them to MP4. It's simply a matter of dragging and dropping files on to iTunes and the films are synced within a minute or so. Only costs £2 too.....bargain!

Tapatalk - The best way of browsing PHPBB forums like this one on a mobile device. This is far batter suited to the iPad than the iPhone.

Garage Band - A great app for all you wannabe musicians. You can play various instruments, ranging from drums to electric guitar. You can also record all the separate instruments and then add all the elements together to make a full track. Great if you are musically minded or just good fun for a mess about.

Sketch Club - A decent little drawing app, which can make even the most artistically inept person look like Van Gough. Maybe a slight exaggeration, but it's pretty good and allows you to share your works of art on Twitter & Facebook etc.

Flipboard - This is a magazine like app that collates news from all your favourite news and social sites and turns it in to your very own virtual glossy mag. It's a novel way of checking out what is happening on Twitter and Facebook, whilst also being able to read the latest news stories from your chosen sites...all without having to chop and change apps.

Sun Newspaper app - I know many of you snobs will turn your noses up at the mention of The Sun, but this is handy for anyone that reads it. You start off with a free 30 day subscription and after that it's £4.99 for 30 days. You can choose to read the paper as you would with an iBook, flicking pages like it's a real oldy fashioned paper or use the other function where you can get all the stories in a website like format. You can also download old editions and zoom right in on page 3. It also contains all the ads and discount codes you would find in the printed edition, which is a great way of finding supermarket prices on release day. Not going to be to everyone's taste, but it's a fiver well spent each month for me.

Spode and Contre Joure - 2 of the most stunning games on the iPad. Although they 2 are different types of game, they both have very similar art and music styles. Both have a quite dark colour designs and both have very emotive music, which makes for a great experience with some decent headphones on. Me and my daughter sat and played these for hours the other night and it's one of the gaming moments I will always remember. It maybe worth noting that I owned both of these on the iPhone and I had one look at them and totally overlooked them, these games come to life on the iPad.

Rage HD - Simply the best FPS game on the iPad and it's free to download at the moment. Probably the best looking game too, also another game that works far better on the iPad than the iPhone

Skyfire - Alternative web browser that helps sort the flash issue to a certain extent. Also has a few more features than safari, like sharing, social etc

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:41 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: tovraa
PSN Gamer Tag: tovraa
Twitter Username: tovraa
Steam Tag: tovraa
wow nice list

I was joking about the daily mail app (I do have it)

But since you like the Sun you might as well get that and tell me what you think, a lot more naked girls there then the sun:-)

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:43 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: MakingUpNumbers
PSN Gamer Tag: MakingUpNumbers
Twitter Username: MakingUpNumbers
Steam Tag: MakingUpNumbers
Game Center Tag: MakingUpNumbers
Daz wrote:
Skyfire - Alternative web browser that helps sort the flash issue to a certain extent. Also has a few more features than safari, like sharing, social etc

SO does LoveFilm work with this?

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next